Here are 5 hot questions about glycolic acid and you can find detailed answers
what is glycolic acid？
Colorless and deliquescent crystal. Soluble in water, soluble in organic solvents such as methanol, ethanol, ethyl acetate, slightly soluble in ether, insoluble in hydrocarbons. It combines the duality of alcohol and acid, but is almost insoluble in hydrocarbon solvents. It is non-flammable, odorless, low in toxicity, biodegradable and water-soluble. It is an almost non-volatile organic compound. Decomposed by high heat, emits irritating fumes. Powder and air can form an explosive mixture, and when it reaches a certain concentration, it will explode in the event of Mars.
|Another name||hydroxyacetic acid|
What are the Benefits of Glycolic acid？
- Chemical cleaning: 70% solution of glycolic acid is mainly used as a cleaning agent. 2% glycolic acid and 1% formic acid mixed acid are high-efficiency and low-cost cleaning agents, which can be used as air conditioning, boiler, power plant transmission pipelines. Main cleaning materials such as condensers and heat exchangers.
- Biodegradable materials: widely used in the preparation of in vivo implantable sustained release drug systems, implantable prosthetic devices, bioabsorbable surgical sutures, artificial bones and organ materials, etc., which have great development prospects. Polylactic acid and polyglycolic acid have become the focus of development in new materials.
- Fungicide: Since glycolic acid contains a special structure of hydroxyl group and carboxyl group, it can form a hydrophilic chelate with a metal cation through a coordination bond, so it has a significant inhibitory effect on the growth of iron oxidizing bacteria and can be used as a fungicide. It can also be used as an inhibitor in a variety of ore flotation.
- Daily chemical products: 99% glycolic acid is a good curative effect for removing dead skin and sweat hair. It can synthesize anti-skin aging and whitening cosmetics raw materials, which can achieve moisturizing, moisturizing and promoting skin renewal. The molecular weight of glycolic acid is very small. It can effectively penetrate the pores of the skin and solve the problems of skin aging, wrinkles, dark spots and acne in a short time. Therefore, it is highly praised by the medical beauty industry.
- Electroplating surface treatment: glycolic acid can also be used in the electroplating industry, sodium glycolate, potassium salt can be used as an electroplating additive, but also as a green chemical raw material for electroplating, metal pickling, leather dyeing and enamel preparation. Glycolic acid is also a complexing agent for electroless nickel plating. It has the advantages of corrosion resistance, fast reaction and good finish. It is the best preparation material for improving the quality of electroless nickel plating.
- Other applications: Glycolic acid can be used in the textile industry for dyeing and finishing wool fiber and cellulose fabric cross-linking coupling agent or cross-linking catalyst for carboxyl-containing fiber fabric; it can also be used as adhesive, petroleum demulsifier, solder and Coating ingredients and synthesis of a variety of pharmaceuticals, pesticides and chemical additives.
What are the benefits of glycolic acid for skin care？
Glycolic acid is a collective term for a group of well-known chemicals, including fruit acids or alpha-hydroxy acids. It is isolated from sucrose and can therefore be considered a natural product. Citric acid derived from oranges and other citrus fruits can also be classified as glycolic acid.
Glycolic acid does a few different things, all of which can be good for the skin. Glycolic acid is a fast-shedding one. On the surface of the skin, it dissolves dead, dry skin cell fat molecules that are thought to remain on the surface of the skin. When these molecules dissolve, the skin cells of the deceased wash away, leaving only new, radiant skin behind. Your skin will feel smooth, soft, and because dead skin cells have been removed, your other products, such as moisturizers, will penetrate the skin better and make it more effective.
After a period of use, glycolic acid will begin to cooperate on the surface of the skin to produce more advanced results. It reduces the pigmentation caused by sun damage and stimulates collagen production. Loss of damage from collagen and sunlight is two signs of skin aging. Increases collagen production, making skin softer, and fine lines and wrinkles less noticeable. Reduce skin discoloration such as sun spots and make your skin look younger.
Because of its high acidity, glycolic acid has the effect of exfoliating. When applied to the skin as an exfoliating gel and lotion, glycolic acid penetrates and damages the upper layers of the skin, destroying the gums that carry dead cells. After the dead skin is chemically stripped, other ingredients can counteract and remove the retained acid. This way will make the skin look smoother and younger. Another role of glycolic acid is to provide moisturization to the skin that has just been exfoliated. This is why many cosmetics companies sell a range of products.
However, it should be noted that cosmetic exfoliants and moisturizers containing glycolic acid will make the user’s skin extremely sensitive to sunlight, so skin care experts recommend taking sunscreen after exfoliation. In addition, after chemical peeling, the user’s skin often looks like a burn, and it usually takes a few days to fully recover. But proponents believe that although the glycolic acid exfoliation is risky and uncomfortable, the cosmetic effect it receives is worth trying.
Here is a case study of glycolic acid use：
How to Use Glycolic Acid for Blackheads?
1.Carefully remove makeup
Be sure to remove makeup carefully during evening maintenance. Because the fat-soluble ultrafine molecules in the cleansing oil can completely enclose the sebum and grease, dissolve it, to a certain extent, purify the skin, remove and prevent blackheads. In addition, massage with cleansing oil can also remove blackheads.
2.The best time to get to blackheads
After the shower, it is a good time to clean the blackheads. When the pores are opened, use a cleaning product containing glycolic acid, which can effectively dissolve the blackheads, and then slowly use the auxiliary tools such as a face brush to brush out the acne.
3.Going to blackheads should not be too frequent
Blackheads go too often and can easily damage the skin and make the pores larger. It is enough to recommend one or two times a month.
Oily skin must develop the habit of regular exfoliation, professional deep cleansing treatment every week, can help remove the dirt and greasy inside the skin, reduce the formation of acne and blackheads.
where to buy the best glycolic acid?
There are many places where you can buy glycolic acid, such as major stores, websites, etc., all of which are sold. Here are a few cheaper, better quality glycolic acid purchase sites, some of which are wholesalers or manufacturers. So the quality can be guaranteed.